Growing in God is a process by where you are changed from the inside out. If you have repented of your sins and are willing to turn away from them. Therefore, you belong to God and you are His child. Satan, evil work, is to now deceive or confuse believers and all people. The enemy wants to accuse you and steal your new freedom of peace and joy, knowing you are forgiven by God. Great News, your hope and future is now in God’s hands. Knowing you will spend Eternity with God.
Revelation 12:7-10 KJV (vs 9) :… And the great dragon was cast out, the old sperpent, called the Devil and Satan, which deceiveth the whole world. (vs 10) … : for the accuser of our brethren is cast down, which accused them before our God day and night.
You may be experiencing thoughts accusing you that “You are really not forgiven”, “ You willing sinned against God”, “Look at your family, this is who you are.” “You will never be good enough for God to love you. “ All you do is fail and disappoint.” These thoughts may have been true but now the enemy wants to accuse you. It is the Lord who is drawing you closer to him.
John 6: 44 KJV. No man can come to me, except the Father which hath sent me draw him: and I will raise him up at the last day.
So yes, you can have assurance of your salvation. John 3:16-KJV “For God so loved the World that he gave His only begotten Son and whosesoever (your name) believeth in Him should not perish but have everlasting life.
Tips to help you grow:
• Read your Bible daily- This brings comfort of knowing that you are learning God’s will for your life. Search scriptures on Love & Faith
• Pray Daily- Matthew 6:9-13, “Lord’s Prayer” for provision and protection. Jesus instructed us to pray to the Father. I encourage you to read all of Matthew 6.
• Go to a Bible believing as well as a living love congregation. God is love. Remember the people are the church and not the building. People should be more like Christ in their character and encouraging you to follow God’s words. Therefore, having a lifestyle for experiencing God’s love and HIS presence daily.
• Become active in your congregation and community, learning to serve others. I recommend where you choose to serve on a regular basis compliments your personality. Many times there will be needs in another area (that is not your personality) if you are available and can be a cheerful giver, please help out.
• We want to bring glory to God. Scriptures says, ” In whatever you do, do it heartily unto the Lord rather than man. Knowing that from the Lord you will receive the reward of the inheritance. It is the Lord Christ whom you serve”. Colossians 3:23-24 KJV.
• Fellowship with godly people who are growing in Christ- like character. I recommend asking our Heavenly Father to remove you from negative influences and help you find new friends and begin living a lifestyle with peace and joy. I strongly encourage you to separate and protect yourself from anything or anyone that would try to hinder your personal relationship with God.
Do you have any suggestions to help people grow in Christ?
Do you belong to a congregation that make new comers feel welcomed? If so, could you share what your congregation does to make them feel welcomed?